Thursday, August 20, 2020

Common Art 1 - Week 1 - Materials And Set Up

For this weeks class we will be covering the basics of shape, form and shape language. But before we get started I have some tools for you for both Photoshop and Maya.

My hope is that giving you some of the tools that I have developed over the years will help give you a jump start to start creating fun and inspiring ideas as quickly as possible.

First up is Photoshop - I have two things for you in Photoshop. The first is my tools preset list that I use. A lot of artist have brushes sets that they use and give/sell away, but I like to use tool presets, just because it is one file and it saves brushes, smudge tools and a lot of other tools all in the same file.

Here is a link to the Photoshop Tool Presets that I use. https://gumroad.com/l/UuuCI (Load the tool presets for a wide selection of brushes and smudging tools.)


Next up in Photoshop is a custom Blank document that I have created that will give you the ability with solid colors to create various background colors with a paper texture feel to it. 
There are also a few painting examples in the file for you to take a look at as well.

If you use the discount code ucfstudent you can get the document for free.
























Now that we have Photoshop covered let's head on over to Maya and take a look at these free tools that am putting together that will allow for a similar content browser experience like what we have in UE4.

Visit this link to download my Maya Prototyping Tool set:





























This pack should help you get the UE4 mannequin, real-time lighting and some basic geometry shapes going in Maya to help you quickly make shapes and explore ideas quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment